Sarsaparilla is a perennial vine that can be found mostly in the tropical, warm and temperate regions throughout the globe, such as the south of the USA or Central and South America. Sarsaparilla belongs to a member of the Liliaceae (lily) group of vines in a family of plants known as Smilacaceae, which includes more than 300 different plant species. Sarsaparilla was introduced into Western culture as a non-alcoholic drink very similar to the brewing beer. Sarsaparilla is a plant. The root is used in the production of a drug.
The health benefits of sarsaparilla
- Sarsaparilla for skin problems: Sarsaparilla also contributes to skin problems such as psoriasis, acne, rashes, and syphilis. In fact, from 1820 to 1910, Sarsaparilla was registered in the US Pharmacopoeia as a syphilis treatment. Sarsaparilla also boosts energy and can improve physical performance.
- It acts as a natural blood purifier: Sarsaparilla is very important in the purification of blood and it is also used in solving liver problems. When Sarsaparilla is taken by some individuals, it helps to boost and enhance sexual desire and thus qualifying as an intensifier for sexual desire and a libido booster. Sarsaparilla has also been found to enhance metabolism and aid in breathing.
- Sarsaparilla helps in cancer prevention: Research conducted around the world has found that the root and extract of Sarsaparilla contain an antioxidant which is used in the prevention of cancer. There are lots of antioxidants in sarsaparilla which helps to neutralize free radicals.
- Used in the treatment of Arthritis Pains: In case you are suffering from inflammatory problems for example gout, arthritis, and even aching muscles and joints, the active ingredients which are present in sarsaparilla can help reduce this pain. The presence of compounds such as saponins, parillin and other flavonoids in sarsaparilla helps to conquer these outbreaks in the body and helps to lessen the pain and discomfort.
- Boosts sexual desire: Sarsaparilla can be used traditionally to increase the libido in both males and females in order to enhance fertility. Majority of the organic compounds which are present in the roots extract of Sarsaparilla have been found to enhance blood flow and stimulate the movement of sperm, as a result increasing the chances of conception and improving total sexual desire.
- Strengthens the immune system of the body: Natural antibacterial properties of Sarsaparilla berries and the compounds which are found in the root would make this herbal supplement a great way of improving the power of the body’s immune system. Antibacterial properties can also prevent skin infections and generally improve the reaction time to colds and other common illnesses.
- Skin Care: One of the reasons why the topical application of this extract (in salves and creams) is so common is due to the antibacterial properties of sarsaparilla. Improvement of the skin appearance and health of the skin is also attributed to its antioxidant content. By removing wrinkles and decreasing the appearance of age spots when applied or consumed can help you look younger!
- Sarsaparilla also used for natural hormonal balance: As an herbal remedy, the most important use of Sarsaparilla is in glandular balance. There is the presence of natural plant-based hormones which are used for both men and women. Some of the hormonal problems solved by sarsaparilla include:
- Naturally, maintain an appropriate level of testosterone and progesterone
- Help your hair grow
- Hot flashes
- sexual problems
- Women’s Formula from Baseline Nutritionals
For the production of testosterone, sarsaparilla can also be used as a natural steroid, which is useful for both males and females in bodybuilding.